Health Information Exchange in the Kingdom (105 points)
Create a PowerPoint presentation that reviews four articles written in the last five (5) years on sharing patient information in a cloud-based Health Information Exchange (HIE) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Your presentation should cover the following concepts:
- Discuss how data creates information in the EHR so that it can be shared.
- Discuss how patient health information is protected in the cloud.
- Evaluate how health information systems help healthcare organizations to provide increased access to healthcare.
- Discuss how informatics support the use of information systems and technology to improve the way work is done in the healthcare setting.
- Discuss how leaders engage their staff so that the information systems meet their daily work needs.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the cloud-based HIE.
- Provide recommendations to improve workflows and processes in an information system.
- Provide your conclusions.
Your presentation should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 10-12 slides in length, not including the title or reference slides.
- Be formatted according to Saudi Electronic University and APA 7th edition writing guidelines.
- Provide support for your statements with citations from a minimum of six scholarly articles. These citations should be listed in the Notes section of the slide in which they appear. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but four must be external.
- Each slide must provide detailed speakers notes to support the slide content. These should be a minimum of 100 words long (per slide) and must be a part of the presentation. The presentation cannot be submitted in PDF format, which does not make notes visible to the instructor. Notes must draw from and cite relevant reference materials.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your presentation:
- Data Creates Information in the EHR
- Protecting Health Information in the Cloud
- Increasing Access to Health Care
- Informatics to Improve Processes
- Leadership Support
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Cloud-Based HIE