As a public health leader, it is important to understand your own personal mission, vision, and values statement.
Your leadership philosophy and style will be reflected to those you work with.
Use the bullets below to develop your leadership philosophy:
- Identify three examples of personal success (e.g., at work, in your community, at home). Is there a pattern or theme to your successes?
- Develop a list of five core values that you believe in. Which value is most important to you?
- How do you want to make a difference? How do you contribute to your employer, your family, and/or the world?
- What are your short- and long-term goals? Prioritize them.
- Write your mission, vision, and values statement (can be placed either in the body of the paper or in the Appendix section).
- In your conclusion paragraph, describe the process of writing this mission statement. Did you learn anything new about yourself? How can you use this mission statement in the future?
Your assignment can either be written in Word (23 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages) or you can use PowerPoint or any other presentation software. Use current APA formatting to style your paper/presentation and to cite your sources. Integrate your sources into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
Points: 100 points